We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help our clients solve the most pressing problems in business. In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, Maths and Statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modelling.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
Key Skills required
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Knowledge of R, SQL, and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop)
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/ computing tools: Map/ Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience on Deep Learning models for audio and visual data analytics